Gore is central to the Eastern Southland region and is the administrative and main shopping centre for the area. It boasts of many fine facilities and there are many things to see and do in the Gore district.
- An internationally recognised art centre including the The John Money Collection & The Ralph Hotere Gallery
- Six 9 hole golf courses all only about 20 minutes away.
- Four 18 hole golf courses at Invercargill 45 minutes south.
- World class brown trout fly fishing - guides available if required
- The New Zealand Gold Guitars Awards held in Gore every year.
- Many parks and reserves, bush walks and gardens
- A first class aquatic centre
- Deer hunting in the nearby mountains and duck shooting too
- There are many fine local restaurants
- Garden and Farm tours - we can arrange these